Digital Project Manager
Delivering projects to meet our client’s objectives and give them best possible value
Alberon is a thriving software and web development company. We build web-based software applications and websites, and work with businesses and other organisations most of which are based in and around Oxfordshire.
We’re looking for someone with a keen interest in websites and software systems to join our Project Management team. You’ll work closely with our clients and with Alberon’s developers and other team members.
At Alberon, our Project Managers play a key role in the delivery of the software and web projects we do for our clients. It’s a varied and interesting role which involves a lot more than just Project Management!
Our Project Managers get involved early in the project life-cycle and usually take responsibility for clarifying, documenting and agreeing the project requirements. They liaise closely with our design and development teams to work out the best approach to take in building the system.
You will be responsible for creating a project plan and agreeing this with all parties. You will oversee projects to ensure they are correctly resourced, planned and specified so that they run to schedule and budget. You’ll need to be an effective communicator to ensure projects run as smoothly as possibly. When things don’t go to plan, you’ll have to be good at solving problems and finding a way forward.
You will take overall responsibility for the testing of the system, and for the deployment and go-live stages.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Scoping – requirements gathering, project planning, creating functional specifications and online prototypes
- Development – liaising with the development team, monitoring & communicating progress, assessing change requests and overseeing internal user testing
- Delivery – user training, assisting with user acceptance testing and content loading, managing the process of reporting issues and tracking progress
- Project close – managing client feedback and bug fixing post-launch
Skills & experience
As a Digital Project Manager, you will have worked on the scoping, development and delivery of bespoke websites and software applications, on both small and large-scale projects.
- Keen interest in websites and software
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of producing detailed project specifications
- Fantastic problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Qualifications in Project Management e.g. Prince2
- Experience working with Agile project methodology
- Experience with creating prototypes for software applications using Axure or other tools.
- Experience with CMS and/or CRM systems
- Undertaken testing of websites and software
- Training experience
More about the job
We are looking for someone to work at our offices in the centre of Oxford which are within walking distance of public transport. This could be a full-time or part-time role.
Hours: 37 per week. Monday to Friday (full time)
Salary: £26,000 – £32,000 depending on experience (part time, pro rata)
Holiday entitlement: 23 days, plus bank holidays (part time, pro rata)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Training & personal development
- Free drinks and snacks
- Regular staff social events.
How to apply
To apply, please click the button below, or send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be right for the role by email to email@example.com.
No recruitment agencies.