Full time, part time or freelance
Alberon is a thriving web development company. We build websites and software applications and we work with a range of companies and other organisations, mostly in the Oxford area.
We’re looking for a talented designer with a creative approach and eye for detail who can work effectively alongside our development team and other designers.
You’ll be responsible for graphic design on a range of projects:
- Websites – including responsive design for mobile devices
- Software – interface design for web-based applications
- Email – template design for email newsletters
- Social media – corporate pages for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
We would encourage you to look at our featured projects for examples of the types of work we have done in the past.
We are looking for a designer with the following experience:
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to an expert level
- Working closely with both clients and developers
- Good time management skills
Your portfolio should demonstrate:
- A creative approach to design
- Understanding of usability / user experience
- Attention to detail
- A variety of different design styles
The ability to turn your designs into working (cross-browser, accessible) HTML/CSS templates is also highly desirable, but we would consider candidates without this if you have strong skills in other areas.
As well as great design skills, you’ll need to bring with you an enthusiastic approach and willingness to work hard. Good communication skills are essential for working closely with clients.
Experience with any of the following would be beneficial to your application:
- Branding design
- Illustration design
- Design for print media
- Working on ecommerce/CMS-based websites
We would also be interested to know if you have experience with any of the following:
- Mobile apps
More about the job
This is a great opportunity to work on exciting projects alongside our friendly and professional team that includes specialists in web design, development, usability, project management and social media marketing.
You will work in our office in central Oxford, which is within easy walking distance of public transport. There is also on-site parking available.
We are happy to consider either full-time (35 hours per week) or part-time arrangements – we can be quite flexible about working hours. We’d also like to talk to any freelancers who might be able to help us out in busier periods.