We don’t need to tell you that a good website can work wonders for a business. But to get to that point, you need a good development company you can rely on to deliver a secure and effective website. So where to do you start? We have outlined a few things that are worth checking before you select the developer to build your next website.
1. Do they outsource their development work?
- Finding a business with an in-house team of developers helps to minimise the risk that you will not be left high and dry with an unfinished, unsupported website or software solution.
- Being able to speak directly to the developer actually doing the work, instead of having someone pass messages back and forth, helps to minimise errors.
- Having a team of developers available means that there is plenty of support to get the project finished and ensures an element of consistency should the lead developer become unavailable.
2. What companies have they worked for?
- How does it compare to what you want to include on your website. How well does it work?
- Check the reviews from customers who have worked with the company, or ask to speak to a few customers directly. This will give you a really good view of what they are like to work with and if they would be a good fit for your business.
3. How long have they been around?
4. Do they have their own servers?
5. What’s their security policy when building websites?
You don’t want to be left with a website that may look great, but is full of gaping holes for hackers to exploit. Poor coding can leave security holes in your website and the first time you are aware of this could be when your website has been compromised.
Find out what their security policy is and what practices they have in place to help minimise this risk.
6. Do they consider SEO when building a website?
Get in touch!
Specialists in web design and development, Alberon help organisations work more effectively and realise their full potential. Our friendly, highly experienced team of web designers and software developers are dedicated to helping our clients achieve the outcomes they want. Get in touch and find out how we can help your business.