Home Web design & web development
Our highly skilled web designers will make sure your website is on-brand, appeals to your target audience and is structured to deliver an enhanced user experience.
- We will create a sitemap and interactive wireframes of your website to establish site navigation and user journeys, and agree on the general page layouts.
- We will create designs for your key web pages and present them via an easy to use online tool that makes it easy for you to share and interact with.
- We will design and build all elements to meet the requirements of both the desktop and mobile versions of your website. No matter what device is used to access your site, it will be optimised to deliver the best possible user experience.
Specialists in complex web development, your website will be developed to the highest possible coding standards by our in-house team. They will set up and develop your new website, configuring it to the bespoke needs of your organisation.
- Your website will be built to be mobile-friendly as standard
- We will build you a bespoke, easy to use admin panel with built-in tools, fonts, page layouts and more to make managing and updating your new website easy.
- We will build three versions of your website – the live site, plus a development site and staging site for testing purposes.
- We can seamlessly integrate 3rd party systems and CRM databases, making sure your website delivers an outstanding customer experience.
Content Management Systems
We can build a tailor-made WordPress CMS to make managing and maintaining your website as easy as possible.
- We use the existing WordPress admin structure as a base, but to keep your site lean, we only keep the functionality you need.
- We build in the bespoke features to meet your organisation’s specific requirements.
- We adapt the CMS’s admin panel to include your bespoke design elements to make adding new pages, sections and content simple. Logos, colour palettes, layouts, fonts for headings and text, as well as menu layouts and forms, will all be considered, designed and built into the WordPress admin for you to add via a user-friendly admin panel.
- We aim to make managing and maintaining your website as easy as possible – this is especially important when you are adding complex functionality and integrating with other systems.
We build secure eCommerce websites to allow users to browse, order and make payments online. We seamlessly integrate 3rd party payment gateway software such as Stripe, SagePay, WorldPay, ePDQ, or PayPal.
Effective eCommerce websites combine robust and secure functionality with a smooth and intuitive user experience. This is a highly specialist area, and one in which we have considerable expertise.
Whether you are a small-scale business, a niche store, a global retail operation, or an organisation that simply needs to be able to accept payments on your website, we can create a bespoke eCommerce website that will match your needs perfectly.Learn more - eCommerce websites
We have the expertise to help you get the best out of your intranet. From strategic planning through to implementation, we will work closely with you to deliver the solution your organisation needs.
We can customise an existing system – such as Microsoft SharePoint – with new branding, additional functionality or bug fixes; or we can create a brand new bespoke intranet. Whatever your requirements, we will develop a system that integrates smoothly into your organisation.
We know how damaging downtime can be for any organisation. We provide reliable, secure web hosting to keep your systems running to their full potential.
Jesus College, The University of Oxford
Research Complex at Harwell, Oxfordshire
Rosalind Franklin Institute
The International Association of Hydrogeologists
Department of Physics, University of Oxford
Web design is more than how a website looks. Well designed websites make it easy for web visitors to find what they need – they provide a good user experience. Good web design companies consider how visitors will use your website and incorporate your website goals into the design, creating clear user journeys so your visitors can easily find what they need.
A responsive website will automatically adapt to fit the device it’s being viewed on. Your website must be designed to fit a small mobile screen or a large desktop, so your customers still get an optimised viewing experience.
Wireframing is a process used by web designers to show customers a basic layout of web pages and how they connect to other pages. Creating wireframes allows customers to test the user journeys outlined in the sitemap before any design is added. They are not distracted by images, colours or fonts, so they can focus solely on the page layout and the site’s navigation, making sure it is clear and includes all the requirements.
At Alberon, we create fully interactive wireframes for customers, complete with clickable buttons and include examples from the sitemap to clarify requirements. Customers can interact with the wireframes and click through to follow the proposed user journey.
A user journey is a route a web user takes to reach their goal when using a website. Some believe a well-designed user journey will enable users to achieve their goal in no more than three clicks. But, the focus is on how clear the visitor journey is – how easy is it for them to get from the landing page to the information they need? The easier the journey, the more likely they will return and leave with a positive experience.
User Experience or UX design is used to describe how a user interacts with and experiences a system, product or service. Rather than how a website looks and the colours used, it is concerned with how the website functions. UX design considers how visitors use a website and how it is structured to provide them with the best possible user experience.
A content management system (CMS) is a framework that developers use to build a website, but it is also what you use to manage and update content on your website. You can add content, new images and even create new pages, and you don’t need any technical skills to do it. You simply make your changes via an easy to use admin panel. You can easily update your website, rather than asking your development company every time, which could prove costly.
Have a web development project?
Get in touch and let’s get startedGet in touch