Providing support to the MD and senior team
Alberon has been designing and building bespoke websites and software solutions for organisations in Oxfordshire for over 15 years. Our friendly, highly experienced team of web and software developers is dedicated to building robust, secure and easy to use systems.
We’re looking for a well organised, self-motivated and multi-skilled PA to provide high quality, comprehensive administrative support to the MD and senior team at Alberon. This is an exciting, varied and important role which will involve a variety of challenging administrative tasks and will allow you to get to know our business really well and make an important contribution to its success. There are many important tasks and projects that need doing at Alberon and which don’t fit into anyone’s individual job description!
We would like you to take overall responsibility for looking after the Alberon offices and for some Human Resources tasks – you need to be able to work autonomously, but you will also work closely with the MD and the Resources Manager to ensure that staff receive the support they need and that the necessary records are kept and legal requirements are met.
You don’t need to have any particular technical skills, but it will help if you are computer literate, willing to learn and enthusiastic about how we can use web/software to help our clients to develop their businesses. There will be opportunities for you to both acquire new and develop existing skills. You need to be a team player with a “can-do” attitude. You should be comfortable working in a small business environment where there are opportunities for people with drive and initiative to make a real difference to our work and to our success.
Skills & experience
- Excellent time management and organisational skills; ability to self-motivate, to work unsupervised and to plan and manage a range of complex tasks in parallel
- Team player with a flexible, conscientious and proactive approach to work
- A lively interest in technology, especially web/software design and development
- High levels of computer literacy across all the applications in Microsoft Office
- Experience of working as an office manager / personal assistant at senior level and preferably within the IT industry.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of personal responsibility, judgement,and initiative
- Experience of HR
- Experience with Sugar or other CRM systems
- Education to degree standard or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort in liaising with people at all levels, internal and external to Alberon
More about the job
We envisage that the role will be part-time, 15-20 hours per week. You’ll be based in our offices near the centre of Oxford. For the right person this could potentially be a full-time position.
Hours: 15 – 20 per week. We provide flexible working hours around a set of core hours.
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 , pro rata, depending on experience
Holiday entitlement: 23 days, plus bank holidays.
How to apply
To apply, please click the button below, or send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be right for the role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruitment agencies.
Privacy notice: We will keep your details securely on our systems and use them to process your application. If your application is unsuccessful, we will delete your details from our system within 1 year, unless we mutually agree otherwise.