Alberon is a thriving software and web development company. We build web-based software applications and websites, and we work with a range of other organisations around Oxfordshire. We’re looking for an experienced all-round developer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join us and work on an exciting and varied range of projects.
First and foremost, you must be passionate about building high quality, easy to use web-based software & websites.
Experience building websites with Content Management Systems such as WordPress and Drupal would be beneficial, as well as any server management knowledge.
We welcome applications from developers with varying levels of experience.
Role & responsibilities
- Work on a broad range of projects across multiple industries
- Take projects from the quote through to the deliverable
- Use recognised development processes (e.g. agile, waterfall) appropriate to each project
- Work collaboratively with designers, testers, project managers and other developers
- Help & support other developers with their projects
- Stay up to date with current web trends and advancements
- Provide technical support to existing clients/projects
Desired technical skills
- Extensive experience developing and testing web applications
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel or other PHP frameworks
- Good debugging skills
- Experience of MySQL database design and optimisation
- Experience with integrations via REST APIs
Systems we work with
As a development agency, we get to work with a variety of software. Any experience of/interest in any of the following would be helpful, but it is more important that you can learn new systems quickly and develop to a high standard.
- Our preferred MVC framework for application development is Laravel.
- Our preferred CMS is WordPress. We sometimes work with others including Drupal, Joomla, CMS Made Simple and some bespoke systems.
- We use Git for version control and deployment.
- Our development servers run Ubuntu. We manage these using the command line (SSH) and Ansible.
- Our live servers run CentOS with cPanel/WHM. These have a web-based control panel, but we sometimes need to use the command line for more advanced configuration.
- We use Campaign Monitor for email marketing.
More about the job
This is a great opportunity to work in a varied development role, working on exciting projects alongside our relaxed, friendly and professional team. Because we work across many different industries, we get to use a variety of different technologies so there’s always something new to learn! As a company, we’re committed to keeping at the cutting-edge and we’re looking for someone who’d like to help us do this and develop their own skills at the same time – we allow for dedicated personal development time, and have regular internal training sessions covering new ideas and technologies.
The office is in central Oxford, within walking distance of public transport and Cowley Road shops. Car parking is also available.
Hours: 37 per week. We’re flexible about working hours, within reason.
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
Holiday entitlement: 20 days, plus 8 bank holidays and 3 days at Christmas.
How to apply
To apply, please click the button below, or send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be right for the role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include examples of code you have written, or include a link to your GitHub account/website/etc.
No recruitment agencies.